Hamilton Halton Construction Association   Ontario Architecture  
Mohawk College Building and Construction
home Contact Building Styles Building Terms About This Site


When a window unit has more than one pane, the material that separates the panes is called the muntin. The larger, more decorative separations are called mullions. In stained glass windows, each piece of coloured glass is held in place by a muntin. These were traditionally made of iron.

Topkapi Palace - Istanbul - Turkey (1500)
London - England
Château d'Amboise - France (1500)
Château de Chaumont - France (1500)
Chiswick - England
Château Chenonceau - France (1504)
Château Chenonceau - France (1504)
Château de Chambord - France